Missing critical dependency, Koji

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Aug 15 00:37:32 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 02:13:28PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
>We don't have a duplicate of Koji we can use?  How wrong is that!

We talked about it but Dennis argued passionately that

   a) creating our own koji instance would be additional infrastructure
   that we can ill-afford to maintain and

   b) that creating our own koji instance would encourage sloth and
   laziness on the part of developers who were already reluctant to learn
   to do things the proper (Fedora) way.

Anyway, in the meantime, we have raw rpmbuild, mock (which needs to be
configured not to use Fedora's koji, but this is not so hard), our own
buildroot (probably hidden away somewhere on weka.laptop.org), and the
joyride dropbox system. In conclusion, we'll live.

Michael