Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2301!

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Thu Aug 14 23:46:05 EDT 2008

We are thrilled to announce a new test build, joyride-2301, valid until
Wednesday, August 20.

Please help test it according to the detailed instructions at

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing

while we still have time to fix issues you might find!

Our specific interest this week has changed; this week, we'd love to
know:

   "How many ways can you crash or hang your XO?"

Currently known issues are recorded at:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_joyride-2301

New issues should be filed in our bug-tracking system (dev.laptop.org)
according to

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Submitting_bugs

or by notifying us by other means.

Thanks!

Michael

P.S. - I was asked to include to specific notices in this email; first,
that

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_update

gives full details on the new Sugar Control Panel Activity Updater and
second, that we are hoping in future weeks to offer a new "Coordinated
Testing" volunteer opportunity as part of the run-up to the 8.2.0 raw OS
release. Poke me, Kim, Joe, Charlie, S Page, Seth, or Francesca for
details. Sneak preview:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_cases_8.2.0