Project Name: olpc-bundler has been set up

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Thu Aug 14 18:36:09 EDT 2008

<quote who="Eben Eliason" date="Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 01:34:58PM -0400">
> For clarification, is this a tool meant to be used by content
> providers on non-XO machines, or an activity for use in Sugar?
>
> I ask because, ever since we first designed the Journal, we've been in
> need of an activity (which should be called "Bundle") which is
> specifically designed to manage a variety of archive formats (zip,
> tar, gz, etc.).  This activity is designed to provide an interface
> which allows organization of files and directories (in a hierarchical
> tree view), and can open or create bundles of any kind, or
> import/export individual items from the Journal.

There are two distinct use-cases here and both seem important. There
seems to be overlap so perhaps, at the very least, there should code
shared between the two. Perhaps a common library?

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto