Next joyride beta delayed.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Aug 14 16:53:20 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We began considering joyride-2294 for this week's beta selection process
> this morning and, this evening, Joe discovered some interesting hangs on
> laptops running the sugar activity updater. We believe that these hangs
> may be correlated with wireless activity and with the onset of
> idlesuspend; however, since we decided today that we're not ready to
> ship idlesuspend, Kim has requested that we generate a new build with
> idlesuspend disabled by default for this week's testing effort.

Yes, idlesuspend is not being disabled during activity update yet --
but then again, it hasn't been disabled for any weekly.  Joyride-2301
has a fix, but I'm not convinced yet that it's always working.  I've
been idle suspend occur during upgrade, and it shouldn't. =(

There are also networking hangs; a few activities specify non-existent
or terribly broken URLs; at least one of which takes 5m22s to finally
time out.  The next sugar-update-control (in git) has some fixes for
bad networking environments (dsd found another issue related to
squid).  I'll try to land them ASAP -- but they shouldn't block
testing of other features.
  --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )