[OLPC Security] permissions for setting scheduler policy

Victor Lazzarini Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Thu Aug 14 10:58:32 EDT 2008

yes, I suppose that can be done, but it does look a little messy,
and it would be nice to be able to write activities that transparently
can do this, rather than as special cases.

It does not need to be root. I can set permissions for user olpc and
it works (provided that limits.conf is edited correctly). But somehow
activities (launched by rainbow?) are UID 10002 which seems not
to follow the rules of pam .

Victor