Package in ~/public_rpms seems to be ignored - unclear why...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:27:18 EDT 2008

A couple of weeks ago Scott dropped the srpm + rpm set of ds-backup in
his ~/public_rpm to get it into Joyride. However, the build script is
picking them up, and then dropping them w/o explanation (that I can
find in the logs).

Joyride has ds-backup-client-0.6-1 when ds-backup-client-0.7-1 is
available. The only odd thing about the pkg is that it's a splitoff
package, but I assume that it's not the only splitoff in our repo.

What I am looking at:

 - The packages are there
    crank:~$ ls /home/cscott/public_rpms/joyride/ds-backup*
    /home/cscott/public_rpms/joyride/ds-backup-0.7-1.olpc3.src.rpm
    /home/cscott/public_rpms/joyride/ds-backup.changes
    /home/cscott/public_rpms/joyride/ds-backup.changes~
    /home/cscott/public_rpms/joyride/ds-backup-client-0.7-1.olpc3.noarch.rpm
    /home/cscott/public_rpms/joyride/ds-backup-server-0.7-1.olpc3.noarch.rpm

 - http://xs-dev.laptop.org/~cscott/repos/joyride/ - the new version is there.

 - http://xs-dev.laptop.org/~cscott/repos/joyride/ChangeLog - Listed here too!

 - The buildlog however, mentions the old version
http://xs-dev.laptop.org/cscott/olpc/streams/joyride/latest/devel_jffs2/build.log

Hints? Where to look next?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com