jackd on OLPC?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Aug 13 12:33:10 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 16:54 +0100, victor wrote:
> Noting a couple of lines for jackuser group in limits.conf made me
> search
> around and I found that libjack & jackd are present in the laptop
> system.

Can't comment on future plans, but I can explain the present:
portaudio is pulled in through espeak, which we require.
We don't really want or use portaudio, but that's the way it is.

In F9, portaudio grew a dependency on jack, so we get that too. In other
words, these things are only in our builds unintentionally.

Daniel