jackd on OLPC?

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Wed Aug 13 11:54:41 EDT 2008

Noting a couple of lines for jackuser group in limits.conf made me search
around and I found that libjack & jackd are present in the laptop system.

Is that a fixture? I am asking because we have removed the jack IO module
from csound because we thought it was not going to be present. Should I
bring it back? Are there plans to use jack as the audio plumbing in the
XO? What about pulseaudio?

It would be nice if we could be informed of the audio and RT strategy in the
OS, or if possible be involved in the decision-making. I am mostly in the dark
when it comes to these things, which is not ideal.

If there are plans to support jack (or pulseaudio), I could do some tests
and add functionality (eg. a patcher). The TamTam team also needs to
be informed as they might want to convert Clooper to support jack (or
pulseaudio).

Regards

Victor