permissions for setting scheduler policy

Victor Lazzarini Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Wed Aug 13 06:21:11 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I am working on trying to get better RT performance
off csound. I have added some code to set the
scheduler policy and priority, but the problem is
that I can only use it as root.

As user olpc, the scheduler code will not be allowed
to set the policy and priority.

It'd be ideal if activities using csound could take
advantage of this code, because it seems to help
performance. We could set up group permissions
for that in /etc/security/limits.conf

What are your thoughts (esp. Deepak and Daniel D)?

Dr Victor Lazzarini
Senior Lecturer
Music Technology Laboratory, Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth