#5144 HIGH 8.2.0 (: [firmware] Marvell firmware should default to mesh off, and have controls for turning mesh on and off

Michail Bletsas mbletsas at laptop.org
Tue Aug 12 08:19:16 EDT 2008

Given that such a modification requires extensive driver patching, I don't
think we should pursue it for this release.

M.

"Zarro Boogs per Child" <bugtracker at laptop.org>
08/12/2008 07:08 AM
Please respond to
devel at lists.laptop.org

cc
bugs at lists.laptop.org
Subject
Re: #5144 HIGH 8.2.0 (: [firmware] Marvell firmware should default to mesh
off, and have controls for turning mesh on and off

#5144: [firmware] Marvell firmware should default to mesh off, and have
controls
for turning mesh on and off
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jg         |       Owner:  rchokshi
       Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
  Component:  wireless   |     Version:
 Resolution:             |    Keywords:  blocks?:8.2.0
Next_action:  never set  |    Verified:  0
  Blockedby:             |    Blocking:  7879
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by gregorio):

 * cc: ashish, gregorio (added)

Comment:

 Hi Michael and Michailis,

 Where is this code? We want the ability to turn it off (GUI for that is
 another story :-).

 Can we get this in?

 Longer battery life is one of the key features of the release and it
 sounds like this will make a big difference in that.

 Thanks,

 Greg S

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5144#comment:14>