XO keeps staring at its own belly button

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Sat Aug 9 18:04:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 09:23:57PM -0700, Ixo X oxI wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 14:55, Andrew Burgess <elist at cichlid.com> wrote:
> > Have you tried with a swap partition? Swap is robust now on a SD
> > card, immune to suspend/resume and power cycle.
>
> External swap area sounds cool.  How does one set it up?  I'll give
> it a whirl.

I'd also plug compcache-0.3[1]; it's been working very well for me
without the need for an external swap device.

> -iXo

Martin

1. From http://code.google.com/p/compcache/

On joyride this works for me:

sudo su -
yum -y install make autotools gcc

wget http://dev.laptop.org/~dilinger/{stable,testing}/kernel-devel-`uname -r`.i586.rpm
rpm -ivh kernel-devel-`uname -r`.i586.rpm
cp -af /boot/* /versions/boot/current/boot/

wget http://compcache.googlecode.com/files/compcache-0.3.tar.gz
tar xzf compcache-0.3.tar.gz
cd compcache-0.3
make