inhibiting suspend via dbus

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Aug 9 14:00:03 EDT 2008

As it turns out, the activity update control panel needs to inhibit
suspend, too, otherwise we go to sleep in the middle of downloading
large activities (Firefox, TamTam, etc).

Chris, could you make a little wiki page explaining how to interact w/
ohm via dbus to temporarily inhibit suspend, and send me the [[link]]?
 I figure other people who want to do other long-lived tasks could use
this information, too; it should perhaps be included in the activity
API docs.  (Does Browse properly inhibit suspend during download?  It
probably should.)
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )