Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2263!

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 09:55:09 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> We are thrilled to announce a new test build, joyride-2230, valid until
> Wednesday, August 13.
>
> Please help test it according to the detailed instructions at
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing
>
> while we still have time to fix issues you might find!
>
> Our specific interest this week continues to be activity compatibility:
>
>  "Does your favorite activity still run on joyride-2263?"
>
> Currently known issues are recorded at:
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_Joyride_2263
>
> New issues should be filed in our bug-tracking system (dev.laptop.org)
> according to
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Submitting_bugs
>
> or by notifying us by other means.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

This isn't really a bug but rather a general observation so I'm not quite
sure where to put it...

When you're in the software-update panel of the control-panel then there are
"cancel" and "ok" buttons in the upper right corner. However the "ok" button
seems redundant as they both do exactly the same thing: close the panel and
take you back to the main configuration screen. At least that's the case
when the software is up-to-date. IIRC you also need to press a button inside
the panel for updating when there's new software available which would again
make the ok-button redundant.

Cheers,
Christoph

--