comments on late joyrides re: rt performance

Andrew Burgess elist at cichlid.com
Fri Aug 8 14:01:20 EDT 2008

On 8/8/08, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Yes, this is exactly the issue described on the ticket. It is the cause
>  of some of the audio problems. I am in the process of getting patched
>  hal into the builds which fixes this.

I already commented on the ticket but perhaps it's suitable for
general knowledge:
latencytop is a tool designed for exactly this kind of problem.
http://www.latencytop.org/
There is an rpm in olpc-development and I was able to install it with yum
 but it wants CONFIG_LATENCYTOP set in the kernel config.

vote++ to add this to our kernels (I created a ticket for it
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7875)

On my home system, latencytop correctly fingered the 3ware driver
as the cause of my video dropouts.