XO keeps staring at its own belly button

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Fri Aug 8 11:43:42 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> For instance - the XO has been sitting there for a minute or more
> (in Terminal).  I want to key in a command, so I start typing.
> Nothing changes.  I do *NOT* know if my XO is alive or dead.
> Suddenly (after one or more seconds) the typed character appears on
> the screen.  My XO is alive, after all !!

I have seen behavior like this, and every time when i switch to vt 1
and type 'top' I find that sugar-shell is attempting to use 100% of
the CPU.  I haven't succeeded yet in getting a backtrace to figure out
exactly *where* it is stuck in an infinite loop.  Has anyone else seen
this (or better diagnosed it)?
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )