xf86-video-geode: double the RandR for half theprice

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Aug 7 23:06:15 EDT 2008

On 07/08/08 19:45 -0700, Dhimant Bhayani wrote:
> Hello Jordan,
>
> This is excellent news. Does this also mean that graphics
> performance goes up as well? Is anyone you know doing
> Optimization of OpenGL library for LX800? Lot of new apps
> are using OpenGL for UI and I have noticed that this becoming
> an issue.

Sorry, this won't have any effect on graphics performance, and
certainly not for OpenGL.  Of course you know that there is no
3D hardware acceleration of any kind on the LX, so you are completely
at the mercy of the developers of the software renderer, which probably
isn't ultra-optimized for an older generation x86 processor with a short
pipeline and so-so floating point performance.  I'm sure there is
interesting work there for somebody with the skills and the motivation,
but I haven't heard of anybody taking up the challenge.

Jordan