video bleeds through somewhat between sessions

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Tue Aug 5 22:42:54 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at> wrote:
> But the video *application* typically does not know if the user is

There are signals that the wm will send to indicate "you're the
foreground window", "you've lost your focus", "you're minimized".
There is probably a bug in the mplayer wrapper (are you using an
mplayer 'activity' wrapper?) in that it's not getting rid of the
overlay setup when it loses focus or is minimized.

Though I have to say I don't know a thing about how Sugar deals with
such wm signals.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect