XO keeps staring at its own belly button

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Aug 7 08:46:35 EDT 2008

Been noticing more and more that often my XO acts non-responsively.

For instance - the XO has been sitting there for a minute or more
(in Terminal).  I want to key in a command, so I start typing.
Nothing changes.  I do *NOT* know if my XO is alive or dead.
Suddenly (after one or more seconds) the typed character appears on
the screen.  My XO is alive, after all !!

I know that garbage collection can make the XO appear unresponsive.
But the situation I describe is happening more and more often.  I
mostly run the latest Joyrides.  I'm wondering if there has been a
software change, whereby a keypress does *not* cause "instant"
reaction ?   Are other users also experiencing "unresponsiveness" ?

[I have 'suspend' turned off.  Using Q2E12f, firmware 5.110.22.p17.]

mikus   (G1G1)