How to be easy to work with.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Wed Aug 6 21:27:12 EDT 2008

Dear world,

I received some fantastic criticism yesterday from a security researcher
named Steven Murdoch on what a crappy job I've been doing of providing
outside security folks with the knowledge necessary to work alongside
me.

To begin to remedy this lack, I put together two wiki pages:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Security and
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Security_credits

As a result, I have two requests:

    1. If you have _any_ desire to have other people help you out, PLEASE
       provide similar information for your subsystem. Instructions are
       available at

       http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Subsystem_description_procedure

    2. Help improve each other's pages and the theory of a subsystem
       description.

It only takes a few minutes and I'm very confident that you'll be happy
you took the time in just a few short months.

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. - When I wrote the 'Contribution' section of the [[Security]] page,
I realized that we have some fairly generic means of software
contribution: "code", "design", "test", "organize", and "evangelize".
Could we get some spiffy icons to represent these contributions? See:

   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7844