Another sugar rant (was: x2o physics problem solving game)

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Aug 6 15:06:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 18:08 +1200, Neil Graham wrote:

> With regards to using activities on the XO I've tried to be accepting of the
> sugar interface style, but this activity crystallizes things for me.  I'm now
> prepared to move to the sugar-sucks camp.  I've used many and written a few
> physics toy programs. I've had a fair experience with a variety of ways to do
> this kind of thing.  X2o is the most cubersome that I have encountered.

Hey Neil,

Thanks for your feadback.  We are working pretty hard to reduce the
barriers to entry to improving Sugar.

Currently, we are currently in maintenance mode as OLPC preps for their
fall release.  In the next few weeks we will start shifting focus to
future development.

I encourage to stay involved in the conversation and coding to improve
Sugar and it's family of activities.

dfarning