Trac default milestone

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Aug 6 05:49:09 EDT 2008

Michael Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 06:53:26PM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
>> <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Also I'm not convinced "not specified" as default component is a good
>>> idea, unless we have someone taking care of triaging that component.
>> Can we go back to require the submitter to provide a component? In
>> many cases it will be the right one, sometimes the submitter will get
>> it wrong. In any case it will be better than depending on someone to
>> have to go through all the "not specified" tickets and choose the
>> right component.
>
> I'm a strong proponent of people writing down what they know. I want to
> be able to rely on component assignments when they're made. I do not
> support reverting the 'not specified' change. Why do you prefer your
> alternative?
>
> Michael

Please revert the not specifying of a component. See here a good example that this
does not work. This blocker has been unseen for 4 days!
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7765 because the component was not set.

Maybe http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7764 gets never fixed as well...

This does really not make any sense to me!
    Simon