[OLPC-Games] x2o physics problem solving game (inspired by the Incredible Machine)

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:10:28 EDT 2008

Pretty sweet, with some imagination it certainly brings back memories of the
many days spent with The Incredible Machine... :-)

Only glitch I have been able to observe so far is that the mouse-cursor
becomes small when moving away from the toolbar and over the canvas. Also
when the mouse-cursor  is half-way across the toolbar and half-way across
the canvas is flickers a lot.

Excellent work, this is certainly on track to be a very entertaining
activity!

Christoph

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Alex Levenson <alexlevenson at laptop.org>wrote:

> Hello devel and games!
>
> I'm announcing x2o's first tentative release! x2o is a physics problem
> solving game in which you create Rube Goldberg contraptions in order to get
> the O to land on top of the X. Check it out at
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/X2o, give it a try, write some levels, and let
> me know how it goes. There are a lot of planned improvements on the way, but
> I would love some feedback.
>
> I will also be presenting x2o tomorrow at 12:30 here at 1cc, and there will
> be pizza to keep you interested.
>
> Alex Levenson

Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews