Test results on Joyride 2230?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:39:11 EDT 2008

Hey all,

here are the findings from tonight's testing:

a) XO works fine with my Netgear WGR614v6 with WPA, added it to the list at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wireless_Access_Point_Compatibility
b) unlike described on the wiki (
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_joyride-2230)
browse updates just fine
c) eToys, which is available in v86 by now (and also has v86 linked to at
[[Activities/Joyride]] is only updated to v80
d) Terminal is available at v14, updates only pulled v10, might this be
connected to [[Activities/Joyride]] only mentioning v10? (where does the
updater actually pull the information about the latest versions from?)
e) in Record v56 I'm seeing the same issues that I ran into last week when
in Boston, dsd seems to think it might be hardware-related, so at one point
I will downgrade to a stable build to see whether it works there or not.
however NoiseEHC's comment seems to indicate that I'm not the only one
having this issue.
f) also had a hard-freeze when trying to play back the sounds in Pippy
g) the oddest issue I ran into is that none of the TamTam activities worked,
they all crashed when starting and took Sugar with it, a hardware-reset was
needed
h) Overall this build feels quite slow, especially in terms of activity
startup I've seen much better performance in the past.

I can also confirm measure not working and rotating the screen resulting in
freezing the machine.

On the up side this is the first time that I saw the News Reader (v24)
activity working which made me very happy! Any way that News Reader could be
hooked into Browse so site's RSS feeds could easily be accessed?

Please let me know if any of these observations are worth filling a bug for,
then I'll gather all the details tomorrow and do that.

Thanks,
Christoph

2008/8/5 Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>

> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 07:38:49AM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Can we get a "show of hands" on who downloaded joyride 2230?
> [...]
> > If you did install it, can you send a quick reply. Any comments on what
> > you tried and your impression of its stability is also welcome.
>
> Used it, moved on to joyride-2251 to help with #5705. I didn't get any
> bad impressions but didn't use it very much. I don't have anything
> beyond that to add, unfortunately.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Greg S
>
> Martin