Test results on Joyride 2230?

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Aug 5 11:03:38 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 09:23:13AM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
>Hi Gary,
>
>On question #1 you are welcome to try the daily build and comment on
>that.

In fact, please do -- we love fresh results. The weekly joyride
candidates are simply an advertising and coordination device created at
Joe's (QA's) request and as an aid to testers who are not as inured to
the hardships of raw joyrides as you are.

> We are trying to get critical mass on an image to show that it has
>  enough quality to be a candidate release build.

This will occur naturally when we produce new joyrides at a slower rate.

> We need a lot of
>testers on the same image to prove it has been well enough scrubbed to
>merit promotion to the next level.

This is orthogonal to appointing images by fiat on a weekly basis.

>On #2 not sure what wiki pages you are using or what info you need. I
>think its hard to find the list of resolved bugs in each Joyride if
>that's what you are looking for. I'll let Michael comment on the right
>query to get that.

I suspect (though lack the data to show) that most people know when
issues become resolved in a joyride because they are CC'ed on the trac
tickets describing the issues or because they read the package-level
changelogs and already know the correspondence between bugs and
packages.

Michael