The tedium of erasing journal entries

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Aug 4 09:55:18 EDT 2008

On 4 Aug 2008, at 04:02, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>
> wrote:
>> This is rather unfair. I take it you've just filled up all
>> available space
>> and jffs2 is now thrashing (as would happen on almost any file
>> system)?
>
> "df -m ." reports 1024 blocks, 854 used, 171 available, 84% used.
> "du -ms ." in the "store" directory reports 195 megabytes.

Here's my matching XO's figures just for comparison:

df -m reports 1024 blocks, 479 used, 546 available, 47% used.
du -ms in the datastore directory reports 83Mb

I'm assuming the patterns of file/block use may also be a significant
speed factor (not just total available space), as jffs2 has some
interesting behaviours to deal with flash wear level and other need
flash maintenance.

--Gary