[sugar] Proposal: Activity developers mailing list

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Sat Aug 2 19:55:54 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 05:10:54PM -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:

> Bastien wrote:
> | - announce new activities
> | - announce changes in ownership
> | - check for dead/agonizing/orphaned activities
> | - discuss API and dependancies issues
>
> All of these things are perfect for sugar at .  They are precisely what
> sugar@ is for.

They do not cover everything sugar@ is for[1], or is currently used
for (see next point).

> There is no need for an additional mailing list.

I'm not sure I agree - sugar@ has so much traffic not
relevant to "casual" activity authors (for example, your
"Congratulations..." thread).

I can't believe I did this, but I went through the July sugar@
messages and categorized them into ones I thought would be appropriate
for the AA list and ones not (thus for the current sugar@ list).

Totals:  808 messages
AA - 293 messages 36.3%
SS - 515 messages 63.7%