Terminals

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Fri Aug 1 17:43:54 EDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Walter Bender wrote:

> Why does it matter that you cannot adjust the screen brightness from
> the console using the special keys? You can adjust it from Sugar
> without root access.

so you switch from sugar to the console, something changes (including
noticing that the font needs more light to be readable), so you then have
to change back to Sugar to change the setting, then go back to the console
to try and do the work.

this seems like a very user hostile approach.

the fact that you can't cut and paste to or from the console is also a
problem (try and enter the command to get a developer key by switching
back and forth from Sugar (where browse is displaying it) to the console
(where you need to type it)

David Lang