Your journal is empty

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Aug 1 07:04:11 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> Recently, I have on two occasions with Joyride (2229+, 2232) pressed
>> ctl-alt-erase in order to "restart" Sugar.  Both times. when Sugar
>> came up, the Journal screen told me 'Your journal is empty'.
>>
>> If "unwanted emptying of the Journal" were to be experienced by
>> others (in addition to me), then I think this problem should be a
>> SERIOUS blocker to 8.2.
>
> Yes, that's pretty worrying. Can you more or less reliably reproduce it?

Just to point at the code that should handle the unexpected shutdown:

http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/datastore;a=blob;f=bin/datastore-service;h=aba711221eded35ad919196ea0942072d96d966c;hb=HEAD#l49

We should make sure that the shutdown is handled gracefully and
there's no index corruption nor a stale locking file.

Regards,

Tomeu