Your journal is empty

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:27:12 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> Recently, I have on two occasions with Joyride (2229+, 2232) pressed
> ctl-alt-erase in order to "restart" Sugar.  Both times. when Sugar
> came up, the Journal screen told me 'Your journal is empty'.
>
> If "unwanted emptying of the Journal" were to be experienced by
> others (in addition to me), then I think this problem should be a
> SERIOUS blocker to 8.2.

You might know this - but just in case and for others reading: if the
datastore fails to come up for any reason, the datastore storage dir
(~/.sugar/default/datastore) gets moved aside and a new one is
created. If you "lost" your journal this way, the files are in
~/.sugar/default/datastore.XXX .

It will be interesting to know why ds failed to come up and file it as
a bug if relevant. Do the logs in .sugar/default/logs say anything
interesting?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions