Journal Suggestions

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Wed Apr 30 10:15:40 EDT 2008

To be truthful I would be perfectly happy if the SD card just had
metadata, including screenshots, like regular journal entries have.  The
other Journal features aren't necessary.  If there was a way of doing a
Move from the Journal to the SD card that would be helpful.  Finally,
since both are constrained in space, it would be desireable to prevent
copies and moves if the target did not have enough free disk space.
This is my biggest frustration with the XO.  If I'm reasonably careful
it has more than enough disk space for my needs.  The problem is that it
makes it difficult to be careful.  I have had an experience where it
copied a Journal entry to the SD card and ran out of disk space before
the copy completed, and there was no indication of this at all, other
than the fact that my Activity didn't work.  I had to open the Terminal
to find out what went wrong.

James Simmons