How to update activities

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Apr 29 18:43:43 EDT 2008

C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> We just had this discussion with Kim yesterday.  IMO, we should
> maintain a process/database for countries to track the activity packs
> they've used in deployments, so that we can find out which versions of
> activities went where.  G1G1 is a subset of this problem.  Chris'
> activity pack build script works from the official package repos,
> IIRC, so Dennis is still 'maintaining' the official activity versions
> via checking them in there.

Hmmm... I wonder why you're thinking centralized system?
Each laptop knows very well what activities are installed, and could
query a repository for updates.

Moreover, the central database can't handle the activities that
users have installed later on.

I'm thinking something very close to aptitude or yum.

--
   \___/
  _| o |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/