Signed build for Italy

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Apr 29 14:25:00 EDT 2008

Hello Kim,

I just talked with the people of OLPC Italia.  They asked me
again if they could roll their own build on all laptops after
they receive them.

They'be put the translations in Pootle already.  I can help
them creating the custom build.  They say they will test it
themselves of course.

They are concerned about security updates from upstream, but
I told them OLPC so far does not have plans to issue them.

The last remaining issue is how they can put this unsigned
Italian build on all the laptops they order, as I'm pretty
sure OLPC would not want to sign it.

Italy is not interested in anti-theft of course.  Could they
have the laptops of SKU 23 already unlocked from the factory?