15 computer science collegians looking for a project

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 29 11:41:13 EDT 2008

I am sorry but I cannot recall a message from you about this (can be
eaten by the spam filter or simply lost?). I mean that you have always
answered my questions about the video driver and similar thing (thanks
again) just not those processor core questions so I supposed that it is
not your area. My first questions were:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2007-May/005227.html
They were written at a time when I was thinking that the spec is just
missing some data here and there.
Now my simple question is (better call it a request):
On this page
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Geode_LX
I have named some instructions as "Synchronized ops" (in the MMX
section). Are those real or did I mismeasured something? If those are
real then would somebody from AMD just go through the databook and fix
the instruction clock cycle numbers? Because in that case it is sure
that they do not match reality and clearly I have better things to do
than measuring clock cycles. Also the legend is clearly wrong in several
cases so probably that would need checking too (like on page 668 note 4
talks about 3DNOW ops in the table about FP ops). Also there is
absolutely no info about L2 cache miss penalties or mispredicted jumps
or about the pipeline stages of the FP unit.
See, all I would like to have is enough data that when I look at
assembly code I could approximately calculate how many clock cycles will
be consumed. Nothing more and nothing less.
Thanks!