[sugar] Sugar\Windows won't ship

Carol Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Mon Apr 28 16:14:31 EDT 2008

I assume many people may already have seen this
article<http://www.olpcnews.com/software/operating_system/aquatic_sugar_childrens_interface.html>and
associated video, but those who have not definitely should.  It
greatly
enhanced my appreciation of the design goals of sugar, and in my opinion
should be featured on the officially maintained wiki pages about the sugar
UI.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org>
wrote:

> Incidentally, this whole topic of "getting Sugar to play nicely with
> Linux" was the *exact* topic of my talk at FISL this year.  The slides
> can be downloaded from
> http://download.laptop.org/content/conf/20080417-fisl08/cscott/ ; I'm
> under impression that the actual video will be available at some point
> from http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/9.0/www/ but my Portuguese is not
> at a sufficient level for me to know if this has been done yet, and if
> not when it might be available.
>  --scott
>
> --
>  ( http://cscott.net/ )

"Always do right," said Mark Twain. "This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."