Activation problems

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Apr 28 14:37:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:16 PM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:
> > You can try to search the SN of the laptops you're trying to activate in
> the lease.sig file to see if they're there...
> >

>  The activation leases in the lease.sig file seem fine.   And I'm using
>  a collector key to get the serial number/UUID, so I don't expect that
>  it is a modified UUID causing the problem.

The collector key also puts the laptop's idea of the current time in
the laptops.dat file; you might check that it doesn't think it's
living in 2037.  Switching to VT1 will also tell you if python is
throwing any errors or exceptions that might be relevant.  Trying to
generate a dev key (as Richard suggested) may also help diagnose the
issue (bad UUID, bad key, etc).  Finally, there were firmware changes
made at one point which affect OFW's ability to read nand:/security.
It's not entirely clear from your description, but if the machine
boots successfully with the activation key in, but won't boot w/o the
activation key, it could be firmware-related.  Otherwise, Mitch seems
correct that this doesn't look to be a firmware issue.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )