[sugar] Sugar\Windows won't ship

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Apr 28 10:55:08 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 16:47 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> >  If someone would like to go ahead and try replacing matchbox with
> >  metacity, would be great ;)
>
> And I'd be happy to help out whoever attempts it both on the Sugar and
> on the wm/X side... :)

Note that this work (should be) the same, no matter what window manager
we end up using.  Window managers have been pretty interchangeable
throughout X's history. That's what the ICCCM/EWMH's documents are all
about.  If there is something missing we need, we can/should/will work
with the freedesktop mailing list to catch the oversights.

I suspect we're using dbus in some places where we should just be using
the normal ICCCM/EWMH conventions.
                                     - Jim

--
Jim Gettys