jumpy cursor problem and sugar issue

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 07:50:47 EDT 2008

Day 3 of the pilots at Bishwamitra and Bashuki and couple of issues have
come up

1. We are having a lot of trouble w/ jumpy cursors. You know where the
touchpad behaves erratically. Is there an easy fix to this problem?

we are using build 703, MP machines, and firmware Q2d14. We have the
kids hold down the 4 corner buttons as recommended in the XO user guide
but that doesn't seem to consistently fix the problem.

Dust is an issue at the schools but that can't explain the high rate of
jumpy cursors. Please assist

Suggestions?

2. For future reference: In general the kids and teachers find it quite
confusing when they move the cursor to the corners of the screen and the
Sugar frame pops up. The kids have learned the top row keys very quickly
- faster than I thought - and they find the frame popping up quite
confusing. They have learned to use the frame button already.

pictures to come and a full write-up, I promise!

Bryan W. Berry
Systems Engineer
OLE Nepal, http://www.olenepal.org