browser activity + Totem plugin

Sebastien Adgnot sadgnot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 15:09:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a few questions about the browser activity first and then the Totem
plugin.

Would it be possible to add something like "XO" or "OLPC" in the user agent
of the browser so the web server can recognize the browser and redirect the
user to a different version of the web site, maybe more adapted to the XO?

I have an XO laptop with the build 656. I got some problems with the Totem
plugin when I've developed and watched videos online (
http://olpc.dailymotion.com). Do I report them on the OLPC trac web site or
directly to the main developer of Totem?

Here is the list of "problems" or questions:

- I know that it's possible to control or set options to the player through
javascript methods. However, I was able to stop the video but not to play it
again. And others methods were not working (like hiding the progress bar
because it doesn't work).

- When I reload 2 or 3 times the web page with a video in it, the video
player doesn't appear and it's not possible to watch a video anymore.

- After a few minutes, (almost) all videos stop playing and get stuck. It
seems the laptop is trying to get more data but nothing happen.

- I saw that external subtitles are handled by Totem. Do you think it would
be possible to do something like
http://www.mywebsite.com/file.ogg#subtitle:http://www.mywebsite.com/subtitles/file.srtwith
the plugin?

Thanks for your help.