A technical assessment of porting "Sugar" to Windows.

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 24 19:56:16 EDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 7:52 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> AFAIK the hardware side of P_THEFT alias theft protection alias
> activation security/kill functionality has not been implemented,
> rendering all software efforts moot.

The set of required pins is not, in fact, being doused with epoxy at
the factory because Quanta was concerned it would decrease yield. We
were assured at the time that countries who find this to be a problem
will be able to negotiate the epoxy as part of their orders.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org