Internet wide chat

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 10:23:38 EDT 2008

Le lundi 21 avril 2008 à 10:55 +0200, Bernie Innocenti a écrit :
>  - how could a kid talk with his parents or teachers who are using
>    a normal computer

FYI, I did some packaging work and resurrected the video-chat activity.
I was able to videocall my 2 XO's and to call one XO using Empathy from
my desktop.

The UI is still awful and we need to solve some issues (#1627,#6301) to
properly integrate audio/video calls in sugar, but that's a start.

If you want to test it, you have to install the bundle and packages from
http://people.collabora.co.uk/~cassidy/olpc-video-chat/ on a Joyride
install in that order:
- gsm
- libjingle
- gstreamer-ffmpeg
- gstreamer-plugins-farsight
- farsight
- telepathy-stream-engine
- VideoChat

sugar-install-bundle is currently broken in Joyride. That should be
fixed soon.

	G.