Walter leaving and shift to XP.

Torello Querci torello at torosoft.com
Wed Apr 23 04:27:16 EDT 2008

With a lot of friends we are create a legal association called "OLPC Italia"
to allow the Italian citizens to buy OLPC using G1G1.

For us the most important thing is the "Educational Project" but sell the XO
with XP is not an educational project.

We accept Sugar as core of the user interface but which are the real benefits
to have Sugar on Windows instead to have Sugar on Linux?
If is possible to use normal windows application on top Sugar+Windows the
educational project is broken because the developers what need to write a
program (program not activity) write it on windows because in this manner one
PC with windows can run it, and XO "XPzed" too .... so why write code for
sugar? In this scenario Sugar is dead and OLPC became a Laptop organization
(for me of sure....). If, otherwise, Sugar XPzed is not able to run normal
windows application I not understand why abandoned Linux to Windows .... but
is the only choice to maintaining the original aim .... ("Not a Laptop but an
Educational Project").

Regard the problem about flash, we need to thing that XO is not thing to be
use as normal PC for normal user .... so we simply need to promote the
creation of education website that can be viewed from the XO.

Last point is the need of clarity. If OLPC turn to this direction we are not
interested to sell a PC and prefer to spend our time in other manner. If OLPC
not thing to became a Laptop company we ask to understand how OLPC wants to
do this.

P.S. Sorry for my awful english

Regards,
Torello Querci