[sugar] [Community-news] where is Walter?

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 01:10:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 09:58:20PM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> 2008/4/22 Martin Edmund Sevior <martines at unimelb.edu.au>:
> >  I really bought into the "new paradigm" of pervasive collaboration and
> > constructionist education. I'm not particularly interested in a cheap laptop
> > clone and in any case I guess my own work on Write and abicollab will be
> > ditched for some stripped down version of MS Word.
>
> You can join the imminent fork of Sugar, and we can continue to do it
> right.

Suppose you were to do that. What would you actually change? I mean, I
don't see an imminent threat to Sugar and the constructivist Activity
ideal besides the recent AP article and rampant rumors.

On the other hand, by all means, go ahead and set up a mirror for
http://laptop.org servers and invite people to submit patches, if you
believe that will help grow the community.