[Community-news] where is Walter?

Kassie Petrick kassiepetrick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:04:32 EDT 2008

Walter,
	As someone who only knows you recently I am sorry to hear that you will be ‘redirecting’ your work with OLPC. I’ve appreciated your help in getting me more involved with the program, and look forward to my current collaboration with Tom Boonsiri. As a teacher who is not involved with the everyday intricacies of development I can well imagine the amount of energy that you spend, and appreciate the enormous job that you have done. However, as an educator (of 12 and 13 year olds) I can tell you that your effort is paying off! My kids love the XO and the ability to “play’ with open source, and better yet communicate with each other. We have a generation here who is comfortable with this medium, and I for one want to keep encouraging this platform. Please include me in any new projects that you may be involved with, during this next phase of your ‘career’. You have an ardent fan here on the West Coast, and definitely an advocate for open-source.

Best,
-Kassie Petrick