[Community-news] [sugar] where is Walter?

Wes Kussmaul wes at authentrus.com
Tue Apr 22 15:10:28 EDT 2008

Edward Cherlin wrote:

> I recently wrote to Nicholas about Illinois HB5000, the Children's
> Low-Cost Laptop Act, and received no reply.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I recently wrote to the CEO of General Motors about customizing my minivan for my work and
didn't hear back either...

OLPC now has a big installed base and that means its leadership has lots of pressing responsibilities. It's leaving the
collegial club behind as it undergoes the wrenching transformation into a global enterprise.

Your Earth Treasury has worthwhile and compatible goals - as do some hundreds of other OLPC related organizations. If in
that environment you manage to get some of Nicholas's time and attention you should consider yourself lucky.

Wes Kussmaul