Disk Images and Version Control

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Apr 22 05:52:00 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 01:45:21AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
>  * provide root access on some Linux host(s)  (or take great care with
>    fakeroot / qemu configuration) to allow others to work on the
>    filesystem without screwing up file ownership and permissions

Virtual machines would help with that, with care of network security
around the machines to ensure that conferring root to a remote developer
won't easily lead to compromise.

> Thoughts?

Otherwise, I think it is a very good idea, and I was surprised it wasn't
adopted long ago ... but I figured there must be some reason I'm
missing.