RPMs for speech-dispatcher missing python code?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon Apr 21 14:57:10 EDT 2008

Hemant,

I got the RPMs from this page:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Screen_Reader#Installing_speech-dispatcher_on_the_xo

I assumed they were the latest available.  It will be awhile before I
can try anything else, so don't worry about being able to upload new
RPM's.  I just wanted you to know that the python stuff was missing.  As
for the source RPMs, wouldn't I need a C compiler on the XO to install a
source RPM?

Your suggestion on dealing with the import problem looks right on the
money.  Thanks!

James Simmons