Do we ever want to bind more than 8 multicast MAC addresses?

Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos ypod at mit.edu
Fri Apr 18 11:43:24 EDT 2008

Is it possible to associate shared activities with ethernet ports
instead of whole multicast addresses? Then we would only need one single
multicast address and do the filtering on the ethernet ports (eg IP is
port 0x0800). At the very least, the multicast address is 6 bytes and
the ethernet port is 2 bytes.

Pol

--
Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos