TamTam packaging

Andres Cabrera mantaraya36 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:54:29 EDT 2008

Hi Jani,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Jani Monoses <jani at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>  The lib is acsound64 not acsound in debian/ubuntu so the link flag
>  needed a change to rebuild the aclient.so instead of using the one in git.

the lib will have a 64 if csound was built for double (64 bits)
precision. Since the OLPC uses the float build it uses a different
file (this setup allows a system to have both floats and doubles
version of csound without conflicts).

>  Hardcoded paths starting with /home/olpc were changed too but it still
>  does not play any sound - the graphics are stunning though! :)

The version of csound for the XO is a modified version which among
other things uses the alsa output module by default. The normal
version defaults to portaudio. You would need to check whether csound
is actually producing sound on your machine. You can use many of the
manual examples (e.g. oscil.csd), which are configured for realtime
audio. If csound is producing output tamtam should too. I tried it
some time ago on a debian machine, and it worked fine.

>  csound is 5.08.0 do you know if that should be OK?

yes, the current version of OLPCsound is a cvs version a little later
than the official 5.08, but there should be no important changes.

>  Minor change to get it to build with -Werror with g++ 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 8.04)

Can you post the error?

Cheers,
Andrés