New Planning Thoughts draft.

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:54:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>  I see this too as a hard problem and don't really have experience
>  neither. What I would expect is that working on frequent time-based
>  releases with features slipping as needed works best for projects like
>  linux distros, where slipping a feature grossly means not updating a
>  set of packages to the latest stable version.

Even linux distro (Fedora at least,), doesn't actually do focused
releases. Roughly, they set a timeframe and they get in everything
which is ready by that date. This is very easy for a linux
distribution. It would be harder on the Sugar codebase but still very
much feasible, it's the same approach of GNOME releases.

Though Michael proposal goes a step further. We would be focusing only
on one (or a very limited number) of goals per release.

Marco