How to use Salut?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Wed Apr 16 10:33:16 EDT 2008

Morgan and Guillaume,

I tried using avahi-browse -a on openSUSE 10.2 last night and it told me
that the daemon was not running.  I checked the xinted panel in YAST and
there was no entry for activating avahi, even though I installed avahi
as part of the SUSE distribution.  In any case, if it isn't running that
would explain my Salut issue.  I'll have to study up on Avahi and
resolve this.  In the meantime Avahi *is* working on Xubuntu, and the
Collabora servers were back up last night.  I got some tests of View
Slides *almost* working last night.  I noticed it took a *long* time to
copy a 15 mb or so file, and my theory is that all these debug messages
are slowing it down.  If you can think of a better explanation I'd love
to hear it.

Thanks again for your help.

James Simmons